President of the Research Lodge Freimaurerische Forschungsvereinigung Frederik e.V., Flensburg, and Member of the GLL FvD (Swedish Rite in Germany).
Born in 1944, Klaus Bettag studied Philosophy and Theology, as well as Social and Economic Sciences. His field of work was Continuing Education (1971-1986), Sales Team Training (1987-2002) and European Business Consulting (2003-2014).
He discovered Freemasonry in the Grosse Landesloge der Freimaurer von Deutschland (GLL) in 1990 in Bremen, held the office of secretary (1993-2001) and Worshipful Master (2001-2007) in his St John’s Lodge and then Venerable Master of the St. Andrew’s Lodge (2012-2018) in Bremen.
Since 2009 he is President of the Masonic Research Association of the GLL “Freimaurerische Forschungsvereinigung Frederik e.V.” in Flensburg. This institute benefits from the scientific consultation by Jan Snoek and has nearly 700 members.
Axes of Research
- The Swedish Rite, its history, symbolism and system
- The evolution of masonic rituals of the 18th century (in England, Scotland, France)
- Sources of the Swedish Rite in French / Scottish Freemasonry
- The special spirituality of the Swedish Rite, previously and today
- The spiritual view of current masonry in Europe